Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Laundry!


It's funny how the small things in life can increase your quality of life so much.

At the new house the laundry was right off the kitchen in a hallway in a closet. Well this house has cathedral ceilings and the hallway is used all the time. So that meant there was always piles of laundry in the hallway and we could hear the laundry all throughout the house. It was terrible.

So I moved the laundry into the basement and I am pretty proud of myself because I did all of the plumbing (copper which had to be moved across the basement, drains), the woodwork (building the platform and putting the wood on the concrete), and the electrical (adding a breaker and moving the 220) all by my lonesome. Of course I had my father in law over to guide me in some things (my soldering sucks sometimes and where we tapped into the plumbing was the low spot of the house).

Overall we are very please with the finish product. I even added another drain for a sink or another washer.

No comments: