Thursday, January 27, 2011

The New England Snow Storm 27Jan2011

Wow did we get nailed with snow last night!
We woke up at around 1200 to the sound of loud hail hitting the roof. When we woke at 0600, there was 12 inches of snow on top of the already 12-15 inches of snow that had fallen earlier. The snow was not the light fluffy snow, but the wet heavy snow also.
We started clearing our driveway at around 0700. I have a pretty large snow blower, but we live on a hill therefore everyone has to follow me to get what the blower left behind. This way we can make it up the hill. It's still pretty tough. Especially with my truck which is just a two wheel drive.
After taking care of our drive way, we hit the back deck. We have two french doors that lead to the outside deck, and anyone that has these types of doors would tell you; if you don't clean the snow away in the winter, in the spring you'll be replacing the wood rot. They are nice doors and well made, but I don't want to take my chances.
Next I decided to go shovel my father in law out. Well after loading the snow blower in the back of the truck, I got stuck in a snow bank in the driveway. Don't ask how, but it took hours to get out.
So now its about 1300, I need some Excedrin. Hailee wants to go out tonight to eat for her birthday (Chinese buffet). We are supposed to have girl scouts and I have physical therapy at 1700.
This was supposed to be a day off due to the snow?

No comments: