Wednesday, January 12, 2011

snow storm 2011

Well the snow started falling about 100 pm last night in Hope Valley Rhode Island. It was little bizarre since at times we had lightning and thunder.

At 0600 I woke up to find about 12 inches of snow had fallen and we are expecting about another 6 inches by 1400 today. Kind of weird that the weather men and women were correct this time. The fore casted about 18 inches and so far they are correct.

Right now everything is closed. the kids are home from school, federal and state offices are closed and there are parking bans throughout Rhode Island.

Glad we did not not lose electricity last night. I have yet to buy a generator and don't have any dry wood that I chopped. All of the wood I have is green so I had to purchase some wood last night. So far, so good. I might fire up the wood stove even if we don't lose power.




No comments: