Thursday, February 3, 2011

ICE STORM!

So wasn't that Ice storm nice yesterday?

After having about 20 inches of snow on the ground, we had to add another 3 inches of ice and slush. At least here in southern Rhode Island we were not like the rest of the state with flooded roads due to blocked drainage. However, my driveway is a sheet of ice.

My driveway sucks. It's crushed asphalt about 125 feet long with a 30 degree grade hill. So needless to say, if there is a little bit of ice, I'm not getting up to the house. So last night when I was returning home from karate, I turned to get up the driveway (thinking that it hadn't iced over yet) and slide right back down into the road. So here I was stuck perpendicular on the road, the backend of the truck stopped in a snow bank. After about a half hour of shoveling and some wood under the tires, I got freed.

Luckily the house is located on a dirt private road with only 5 homes.  

No comments: