Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Waiting for the storm to hit.

Well- it looks like we in New England are going to get our first big snow storm of the year.  Some forecasts predict about 12 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow. Other forecasts predict up to 24 inches. This will be our first bid snow storm in the Brightman house. The only thing I'm worried about is losing electricity. I have not bought a generator, so I might be regretting that soon. We have lost electricity before but only for brief periods. This storm caused quite a mess down south already with lots of power outages.

We do have a wood stove for backup heat, but it's a small soapstone stove.  These stoves don't produce a lot of heat and just work on radiant heat. Still we could gather around that and I'll tell stories of Star Wars just like in Family Guy.

I think everything will be OK. This Brightman house does get a little scary being on top of a hill. The wind can be pretty awesome during a storm. And because of all the window, when there's lightning you think it's going to strike you in your bed. I am always jumping for my life during a lightning storm.

Just remember, all of this snow is because of global warming, or climate change, or global cooling, or the hole in the ozone, or the gay baby arctic polar bear being abused, or…..

No comments: