Thursday, February 28, 2008

Exercise and Asthma

So it’s been a week since I have been exercising again. It feels good. I couldn’t tell you if I lost any weight. I don’t weigh myself, maybe I should. But it seems such a girlish thing to do.

I’ve been working out everyday at work. During my lunch break I go lift for a while and ride or run. I’m lucky in the that my building has a small exercise room in the basement (more like a closet) and right across from my office is a shower. So as long as I can keep up this schedule, I do fine. I know my pants feel a little bit lose.

I haven’t had any chest pains since exercising. That has always been a problem. The Asthma causes chest pains while exercising. It’s like a sharp pain at the bottom of my lungs. A few months ago the doctor put me back on Singair and that is really helping. I don’t know when I developed Asthma or if I always had it. I believe I always had it because I can always remember a hacking cough in the morning, but never weezing. The submarines I’m sure didn’t help it. The air on a submarine is very pure (recycled farts as we always say) therefore I think the submariner becomes hypersensitive to allergens when exposed to them.

2 comments:

cbdbree said...

weighing girlish? I am surprised at you. I won't mention any names but I know someone who can french braid. Now that is girlish. lol

love you colleen

David Plouffe said...

That's funny, because I always think of weighing myself as girlish. And I haven't french braided in a long time!!!