Thursday, January 3, 2008

Stuff

I've been writing allot. I don't know, maybe its a way to vent some creative influence. Maybe its just a way to vent. Nobody likes to sit around with someone and get a lecture all the time. Since I have allot to say most of the time, I suppose writing it down is a better way to vent. You can easily just turn me off. And writing is forever, nothing is more powerful than the written word. I also have allot of articles on this associated content website. I'm actually getting addicted to it. However, no one wants to read my stuff. Too much educational and historical articles. The articles that have received the most hits have been "The best Christmas lights in New England."

I started my statistics class on the first. We were speaking in my office about stereotypes yesterday and an interesting stereotype came up. What do you think if someone stated they got their education through distance learning? The most common assumption people make is "diploma mills." Distance learning does not equal diploma mills. But this is a common assumption that some people make. Northcentral University (where I go) is fully regionally accredited and much more difficult than anything I did with the University of Oklahoma, etc. It's just an interesting stereotype that I never thought off.

Anyone looking into college or sending their kids should check out this blog: http://diplomamills.blogspot.com This website is a great resource that exposes not only diploma mills, but accreditation mills. That's right phony accreditation mills! It is scary when you look at how close these fake colleges name are so close to real colleges. Of course another great website is the US Department of Education http://www.ed.gov

Read my stuff about college, examinations and other stuff at http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/121316/david_plouffe.html

No comments: