Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Castle Law

Yesterday an elderly couple was assaulted and robbed in their own house in Stonington CT. The couple answered the door to a man who asked if he could use their bathroom. I guess the story was that he was walking and needed to relieve himself. The elderly couple let him in out of the kindness of their heart. Once inside he beat them up and robbed them.

Stonington is a nice somewhat quiet town. It boarders Pawcatuck CT and my Town in Rhode Island. The home where the assault happened is right down the road from where our daughter is going to daycare!

I'm not sure the solution to this problem. About a year ago there was a violent break in the Chesher CT, where the wife and two daughters of a Doctor were raped and killed by two people released on parole.

One would think that we would learn from our liberal court system. The State of CT needs a Castle law much like RI and FL. If someone enters your castle (home) and threatens you, you have to right to defend your family and lively hood. It really boggles my mind that we do not have the right to defend ourselves! I wish the old man in this house in Stonington whipped out a .38 and shot this robber in the face. Call my sick, but I want the good guys to win. I don't want the criminals to win. I don't think that someone who is defending themselves in their own house should worry about the legal consequences of some liberal lawyers, or that they should wait 5 minutes after calling 911 for the police to arrive and save them.

I remember the LA riots where the shop owners had to protect themselves from the crowds because the police could not (would not) get to them. The same was true with Hurricane Katrina. We can not rely on the police to protect us. It takes the average 911 call 5 minutes to have the police at our door after the call, allot can happen in 5 minutes. Protect yourself, there are some truly evil people out there that want to harm you.

Enough of my rambling.

No comments: