Friday, January 4, 2008

Elections

We are so in need of election reforms. I think it should be illegal for a politician that is currently holding office, running for another office. Senator Chris Dodd from CT announced that he is dropping out of the presidential race. While he was running he did not participate in any CT votes. He even moved his family to Iowa, while still being the CT senator. He raised approximately 7 million dollars for his presidential run. If he only spent 5 million in his efforts, he PROFITED 2 million dollars. All while maintaining his salary from the people of CT to be senator for a job he did not do!

I wish I could work a second job, during the time I am getting paid to do my primary job!

Here an article discussing the campaign funds and how they pad thier retirements with comtributions: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE2D7143AF931A15752C0A96F948260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

No comments: