Sunday, June 8, 2008

not much happening

Yesterday the girls went to see the Animal Planet expo up in Warwick. they had a good time, there was demonstrations and slides and and typical fair style stuff. I stayed home and mowed the lawn and cleaned the pool. All of the rain last week really messed up the chemicals in the pool so I had to do some major cleaning.

The yard is looking really good. The fruit trees are producing. I have to figure out how to keep the birds away from the plum trees though. I can never get any plums since the birds eat them right away when they are little. We've been picking musculin and arugula from the garden. The arugula is really a surprise. It is so easy to grow, it last really long and the kids love it. Who wouldn't love lettuce that tastes like peanut butter?

One of my tomato plants has signs of early blight. All of the Ortho books recommend chemical treatment to restore its health. I'm still searching for an organic method for it. If anyone has some ideas, please let me know.

No comments: